Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Spina Bifida Awareness Month


Our Sweet Boy!


This month is Spina Bifida Awareness month and I have thought a lot about what I wanted to write about what Spina Bifida means to me. And I still don't have all my thoughts in order yet but hopefully soon. One of my friend/SB mom has decided to feature 2-3 kids a day on her blog in honor of this month. Today, Ethan made her blog...so I am hoping that I get some new followers. So check out her blog at themclellands.blogspot.com...it is awesome!!

So what has been happening here at the Rine House....Ethan is overall doing pretty well. He does tend to get frustrated by the end of the day, but looks very forward to getting out of his cast. 3 weeks and 1 day down...hopefully 4 weeks and 4 days to go. He and I actually went to Tom Thumb this past Friday and Saturday we went to Target with Ita and he really enjoyed getting out of the house. I will probably try to take him out once a week. I was super proud of myself and of course Ethan!!!

Before Ethan had his surgery several people asked me "How can you put your son through such a surgery and plus all the casting"? At first, I didn't know how to respond to the question. But, after some thought I wanted reply to the question. We did this for him and to better his life....he has the ability to walk better. WE thought about it long and hard and had the support from a Dr. that is very honest and does not take things lightly. This was the best choice for him. It has been a rough few weeks but it can only get better.

No comments: